Donna,
I checked out the link you provided and what I found interesting was that
many of the links given on that page had familiar servers such as geocities
and concentric. I know freedom of speech protects such groups as the KKK,
and geocities and other servers, ISPs, make money from a KKK client as any
other client, but I guess that I wish that these site hosts and servers
would be more selective and conscious about how there home page is directly
linked to such sites. I know I am probably not making much sense, but I
guess if you came across a URL like www.geocities.com/~whitesupremacy/ and
you were familiar with geocities it would make you wonder for a moment.
kimberly
----------
> From: Donna Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Tommy Hilfiger is RACIST!!
> Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 10:00 AM
>
> I didn't see this Oprah show but I'll support this boycott, I need to
know which
> brands are made by this man and his company... not that I can afford
clothes made
> for upper class anybody, but I can spread the word to those who can. In
> conjunction with keeping an eye on Dick Butler's operations here in north
Idaho,
> I came across another site from Texas that was alarming, vile, and cruel
beyond
> belief <http://www.wckkkk.com/ > complete with pictures of lynchings and
a call
> to join the aryan nations events.
>
> They, the white camelia kkk of Texas and aryan nations have upped their
web
> presence, encouraging participation in another nazi parade on July 3 in
Coeur
> d'Alene, Idaho. Tommy Hilfiger, Helen Chenoweth (R-ID) and Bob Barr
(R-GA), even
> Trent Lott are so close to the edge in their ties to these freaks of
nature
> Christian Identity idiots. We need to do all that we can to stop them in
their
> tracks.
>
> /donna
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I'M SURE MANY OF YOU WATCHED THE RECENT TAPING OF THE OPRAH
> > WINFREY SHOW WHERE HER GUEST WAS TOMMY HILFIGER.  ON THE SHOW SHE ASKED
HIM IF
> > THE STATEMENTS ABOUT RACE HE WAS ACCUSED OF SAYING WERE TRUE.
> >
> > STATEMENTS LIKE:
> >
> > "IF HE'D KNOWN AFRICAN-AMERICANS, HISPANICS AND ASIANS WOULD BUY HIS
CLOTHES
> > HE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THEM SO NICE.  HE WISHED THAT THESE  PEOPLE
WOULD
> > *NOT* BUY HIS CLOTHES, AS THEY ARE MADE
> > FOR UPPER CLASS WHITE PEOPLE."
> >
> > HIS ANSWER TO OPRAH WAS A SIMPLE YES.  WHERE AFTER SHE IMMEDIATELY
ASKED HIM
> > TO LEAVE HER SHOW.  MY SUGGESTION? LETS GIVE HIM WHAT HE  ASKED FOR.
LETS NOT
> > BUY HIS CLOTHES  LETS PUT HIM IN A FINANCIAL STATE WHERE HE HIMSELF
WILL NOT