FYI...

Stefanie Rixecker
ECOFEM Coordinator

----
From: Philosophy News Service * richard jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ashgate Publishing Company is committed to expanding its
interdisciplinary publishing program in the area of women's and
gender studies.  The focus of the list is on the history of women
and gender in Britain and Europe from the early Middle Ages
through the 19th century; we are also interested in comparative
studies that embrace a wider geographic scope.  We welcome book
proposals that fall within these general guidelines.

As we build upon our distinguished list in women and gender
studies, the advice and feedback of the scholars who work in this
field is indispensable.  Please contact Erika Gaffney (see below)
if

-- you wish to submit a proposal
-- you would be willing to act as an expert reader (please list
your areas of specialization)
-- you have suggestions about what kinds of books and series are
most needed in this area

Publishing with Ashgate:

As an independent academic publisher, Ashgate offers authors
effective worldwide marketing and distribution through our
offices in the US, the UK, Singapore and Australia.  Our
experienced editorial and marketing staff are easily accessible
to give authors advice and assistance at all stages of a book's
production.

Current Ashgate series on women and gender:

With the facsimile library "The Early Modern Englishwoman:
Printed Writings 1500-1700" and the new monograph series "Women
and Gender in Early Modern England, 1500-1750" (both edited by
Betty S. Travitsky and Patrick Cullen), Ashgate is already
recognized as a publisher of high quality books in this field.

"The Early Modern Englishwoman:  Printed Writings 1500-1640, Part
1" has been well received in the scholarly community.
Renaissance Quarterly declares that the volumes "… bear witness
to the excitement, energy, and careful labor that has been
devoted to the resurrection of these works by early modern women
… [and] represent an astonishing alteration of the field of early
modern studies."

"Women and Gender in Early Modern England, 1500-1750" features
single- and multi-author volumes as well as bibliographies,
anthologies and modern editions.  This interdisciplinary series
captures the energy of
the many scholars engaged in the field of women's and gender
studies in the early modern period and acts as both a
continuation and a spur to the movement.

Proposals for additions to either of these two series must be
submitted to the series editors; please apply to Erika Gaffney
for further details, or look under "series descriptions" in the
author services
section of Ashgate's web site.

Contact Information:

Erika Gaffney
Editor
Ashgate
Old Post Road
Brookfield, VT  05036-9704
Tel:  (802) 276-3162
Fax:  (802) 276-3651
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ashgate.com

Dr. Stefanie S. Rixecker
Division of Environmental Management & Design
Lincoln University, Canterbury
PO Box 84
Aotearoa New Zealand
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]