FYI...

Stefanie Rixecker
ECOFEM Coordinator

From: Sara Ebenreck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF WOMEN PHILOSOPHERS

***  2000 Call for Papers  ***

The Society invites proposals for panels, individual papers, or discussions at our
2000 sessions to be held at the Eastern Division meetings of the American
Philosophical Association in New York, New York, December 27-30, 1999.

                   xxxxxxxxxx

For one of our sessions, we especially seek proposals for panels  presentations on the
work of a single woman philosopher,  especially one who is not ordinarily the subject
of entire sessions at the APA meeting  (e.g., Edith Stein, Simone Weil, Charlotte
Perkins Gilman, Mary Wollstonecraft*.)

For the second sessions, presentations may be on philosophical ideas in the work of
women from any of the world's traditions and on any of the following topics:
* Any aspect of the thought of a woman philosopher
* Discovery of work by previously unrecognized    women philosophers
* How women philosophers, past and present, have    defined what it means to be a
woman and/or a    woman philosopher
* Philosophical ideas in women poets, novelists,    dramatists, etc.
* How women have redefined the nature of    philosophical work
* Reflections on experience in teaching the work    of women philosophers
* Reflections on the interrelationships between      women's lives and women's
philosophies

Send TEN copies of a two-page abstract (or copies of the paper) to:  Sara Ebenreck,
SSWP Program Ch
air, Philosophy and Religious Studies Department, St. Mary's College of Maryland,
18952 E. Fisher R
d., St. Mary's City, MD 20686.  E-mail queries: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        PROPOSAL DEADLINE:  APRIL 15, 2000

Complete papers and discussion presentations should be timed for 40 minutes or less,
including disc
ussion.  Proposals will be reviewed anonymously by the SSWP board.

Dr. Stefanie S. Rixecker, Senior Lecturer
Environmental Management & Design Division
Lincoln University, Canterbury
PO Box 84
Aotearoa New Zealand
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]