Enlightened?  Hmmm...  Is being judgemental enlightened?

I don't think anger and outrage is particularly gendered.  What would the
alternative be to retribution?  I can totally see both sides of restitution
vs. rehabilitation.  However, the girl's life wasn't respected.  Maybe we
shouldn't be so attached to human life to the point that we are not afraid to
let out that anger.

I'm more offended at the criminal being called an animal.  Is this what
animals do?

You wrote:
"I want this man to go through agony."

Hmmm.. how enlightened.

Is hatred a particularly male trait or am I out of line for pointing
this out on ecofem?

Russell