Dear Ecologists,

We are presently compiling a list of programs (or initiatives) that monitor
or measure (trends in) invasive alien species/exotics/non-indigenous species
at a national level or larger. An example would be the percentage of
selected invasive and noninvasive native bird species that had increasing
populations in grassland/shrubland ecosystems during 5-year intervals to
describe the state of ‘Grasslands and Shrublands’ by the Heinz Centre (see
http://www.heinzctr.org/ecosystems/grass/non_nat_brds.shtml).

Should you know of any webpages, programs, or peer-reviewed papers that use
alien species as an indicator to measure the ‘State of the Ecosystem’ at a
large spatial scale, we would pleased to hear about it.

Thanks very much in advance. I am looking forward to your input,

Jesse Kalwij
Post-doc.fellow
Dept. of Entomology / DST-NRF Centre for Invasion Biology
University of Stellenbosch
Private Bag X1
Matieland 7602
South Africa