From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news on behalf of =
Paul Johnson
Sent: Fri 3/3/2006 9:58 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: AIC

Hi Bonnie,
             Here is an excellent link that explains
the AIC (you are looking for the lowest value for
AIC).

http://www.theses.ulaval.ca/2004/21842/apa.html

You might want to look at other criteria such as BIC,
AICc, HQ, HQc, FPE etc. (you might want to look at
Regression and Time Series Model Selection by
McQuarrie and Tsai (1999) - World Scientific for more
detail.

Hope this helps. Paul

Paul Johnson
http://www.biostatsoftware.com