Dear list members,

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Just a brief note to advise that the first edition of the
Ethnoornithology Research & Study Group (ERSG) Newsletter, June 2006,
has been published and is now available at the ERSG website at:

The ERSG was established early in 2006 to provide a clearinghouse and
information and discussion point for people interested in the study of,
research into and application of indigenous bird knowledge.We now have
90 members with a variety of backgrounds from across the world, and our
members include indigenous practitioners, researchers and students and
others interested in this fascinating area of Ethnobiology.

Anyone with an interest in this area is invited to submit their
thoughts, suggestions or ideas. We also welcome the posting of published
or unpublished papers, bibliographies, photographs and conference
notifications. Please also feel free to pass this message on to others
that you think might be interested in the ERSG's work.

To access the various files, links and member's messages please join the
group. This can be done by clicking on the "Join this group" button on
the ERSG homepage at the address given above and then following the
registration and membership procedure. Please send a short message to
the group to introduce yourself to members, preferably stating your
location, area/s of interest and any requests for information.

We look forward to your membership and contributions.

--
Robert Gosford
M Phil Candidate