Dear Ecolog recipients,

We are currently working on a meta-analysis to investigate how top-down
effects of birds on arthropod assemblages and herbivory change along a
habitat intensification gradient.  This paper is being prepared as part
of a Special Feature for Ecology.  The basic idea will be to compare bird
exclosure studies from both natural and agricultural systems (both
temperate and tropical) to see whether top down effects are affected by
changes in habitat and food web complexity.

We are writing to make a request to those that might have unpublished
data on bird exclosure studies from forests or agricultural systems.
Ideally, the basic information that we will need is mean arthropod
numbers and herbivory for control and exclosure treatments, standard
deviation or standard error, sample size, and duration of exclosure
treatments.  For those that have data to provide, we will follow up for
further information.

Please respond directly to me:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Stacy Philpott, Sunshine VanBael, Russ Greenberg