Dear Native Plant Restorationists,

The Nature Conservancy and The Stewardship Network are planning to connect
native plant restoration projects across the eastern United States via
technology to share lessons learned, promote restoration, and to provide an
outreach venue for sites without travel or unaided development of new
tools.  We are looking for native plant restoration sites that are wiling
to:
1.  attend 3-5 web casts
2.  develop (with our help!) virtual field trips of restoration sites
3.  populate the projects database (fill out project description and
provide project information)
4.  share lessons learned through chats, web-casts, online journaling

We are guessing that you already have the materials for most of numbers 2
and 3, and most likely number 4, so we are hoping that the time constraints
are not too big of a burden.  We aim to make this a net time saver through
helping you to communicate more efficiently and through learning.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating, and if you think
you have a site with native plant restoration problems (invasives,
vandalism, low germination, etc) that you could like to get group-wise
input on, or if you have a site with successes to share, or both.  For
groups that do not have the capacity to participate, we can provide a
limited number of small grants to help purchase a camera, fund staff time,
etc.

Also, please check out http://www.stewardshipnetwork.org/ to see the site
where the technological tools will be based, and to learn more about one of
the lead collaborators.

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Randy Swaty