DO NOT REPLY TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I am merely forwarding the announcement.

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to refer to the International Conference on “The Environment:
Survival and
Sustainability” which will take place in the English language, on 19-24
February 2007, at the
Near East University in Northern Cyprus.

I have the pleasure to inform you that, up to now, we have 3 Nobel Laureates,
108 Scientific
Committee Members, 57 International Advisory Board Members, participating from
80 different
countries.
Offers have been made from a dozen or so leading international scientific
journals/publishers
(such as) Advanced Knowledge International, Journal of Environmental Science
and Health Parts A
and B, Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Journal of Toxicology
and Environmental
Chemistry, Environmental Science Unit of Springer) for publishing selected
articles in regular
and special issues. The Near East University will also be publishing some of
the papers.
I would like to remind you that the Conference aims to bring together around
2000 scholars and
researchers from over 90 countries around the world to discuss environmental
issues from a
variety of perspectives. Relevant UN and EU Agencies as well as other
international/regional
organizations are invited as sponsors or technical and organizational
assistance providers to
the Conference.

The main theme of the Conference will be the urgent need in taking steps by the
international
organizations, states, local authorities, and non-governmental organizations to
move forward to
a sustainable environment. In this way, the Conference will aim at making a
contribution to the
worldwide debate and efforts on strengthening the bridge between theory and
practice in meeting
environmental threats and challenges.

The list of major topics and the deadlines are attached.

I would also urge you to regularly check our website for updates on the
conference information.
If, in case you encounter any technical difficulties on the web please e-mail
us.
We hope that this Conference will also enable participants to enjoy the
geography, history and
culture of the country and the hospitality of people in Northern Cyprus, “a
corner of Earth
touched by Heaven”.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please do not hesitate to drop me a line if
any other
information is needed.

  LIST OF MAJOR TOPICS

•       Business and Environment : Redefining Interests
•       Conservation and Management of Biodiversity
•       Cultural Heritage and  Environmental Factors
•       Economics,  Development and Sustainability
•       Energy and Development: New and Renewable Energy
•       Environment and Health
•       Environmental Awareness, Education, and Lifelong Learning
•       Environmental Knowledge and Information Systems
•       Environmental Law and Ethics
•       Environmental Organizations: Roles, Problems and Prospects
•       Environmental Science and Technology
•       Global Warming: How Much of a Threat?
•       Green Factor in Politics
•       Integrated Water Resources Management
•       International Relations and Environmental Issues
•       Literature and Environmental Awareness
•       Natural and Man-Made Disasters: Emerging Link and Challenges
•       Pesticides in the Environment and Food Commodities
•       The Role of Media : Problems and Challenges
•       Seas , Ecological Balance,  and Sustainable Environment
•       Social and Psychological Dimensions of Environmental Issues

Deadlines
Submission deadline for the abstracts of
papers/posters:...............................15.07.2006
Notification of acceptance for the abstracts of
papers/posters:........................15.08.2006
Submission deadline for
papers/posters:................................................15.10.2006
Notification of acceptance of
papers/posters:..........................................15.12.2006
Submission deadline for Camera Ready
Copies:...........................................15.01.2007
Conference
Dates:...................................................................19-24.02.2007

* Please be advised that the rates for Registration have been reevaluated,
thanks to a generous
contribution. Except for high-income economies i.e. Andorra, Aruba, Australia,
The Bahamas,
Bahrain, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Faeroe
Islands, French
Polynesia, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Iceland, Isle of Man, Israel, Japan,
Rep. of Korea,
Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Macao, Monaco, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New
Zealand, Norway,
Puerto Rico, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland, United
Arab Emirates, USA,
Virgin Islands (U.S.) and  25 European Union member countries, the registration
rates are
lowered by fifty percent (50 %).

* Please be advised that papers will not be published unless registration fee
is paid by 15
December 2006

Prof. Dr. Hüseyin GÖKÇEKUÞ
President
Conference/ Organizing Committee
(Vice Rector of the Near East University)

Please direct your questions and/or suggestions to:
E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +90 392 2235427; +90 392 2236464/460     Fax: +90 392 2235427
Address: Near East University- Nicosia -Northern Cyprus- MERSÝN 10 - TURKEY