From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news on behalf of =
Christine Paige
Sent: Wed 7/12/2006 8:50 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: information needed: fences and wildlife

I am working on a guide to wildlife friendly fences for the state of =
Montana, and I am searching for the following information:

1. Citations for research with data on the impact of fences on wildlife =
mortality, populations and movements, particularly anything applicable =
to the western US (although other references are useful!) Note that I am =
interested in the impact of the fences on wildlife, not using fences to =
decrease wildlife mortality on highways--a separate and much more =
studied topic.

2. Any experience and/or specifications for constructing wildlife =
friendly fences or wildlife crossings (I have quite a bit from various =
sources, but all info welcome).

Many thanks!
Christine Paige

Ravenworks Ecology