From: "Mike Sears" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: GPS units and accuracy data

Thanks for the timely correction. Very cool if true...I'm surprised that
this isn't general knowledge seeing that it would save a person several
thousand dollars per unit.

It's widely known, but only in certain circles--if that makes any sense
whatsoever. Try news://sci.geo.satellite.nav and search the archives.
You won't find all of these answers in one place, but I'll gladly share
everything that I've learned. I've been at this for about seven years
now, and I'm still a little obsessed.

$349.00 Delorme PostPro 2.0 + Blue Logger GPS + Earthmate GPS (1)
$399.99 HP iPAQ hx2495 Pocket PC (2)
$  7.95 PC-Mobile PB4A AA Battery Extender Box (3)
$ 35.84 Wal-Mart 1 Gig SD Card (4)
$ 53.61 12 2500 mAh NiMH AA Energizer Batteries (5)
$ 28.95 PC-Mobile 27 db gain active antenna (6)
-------
$880.34 (plus applicable shipping and taxes)

This is my current setup. I didn't buy it all at once. It weighs about
2.5 pounds and the 12 batteries and AA adapter listed above will keep me
going for four very full days in the field. A lot of my work is in the
backcountry--pack in pack out--and I have been working for years to put
together a setup this good and this light.

Frank Looper
(1) http://www.earthmate.com/prod_bluelogger.asp?p=5
(2) 245 character url converted to: http://tinyurl.com/njpke
(3) http://www.pc-mobile.net/power.htm