From: Ned Dochtermann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 5:16 PM
To: 'ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU'
Subject: RE: Forbes calling for renewed use of DDT to fight malaria

David Bryant wrote:
"what happens when Africa is left with DDT resistant anophoeles?"

Why would that happen?
Evolution is just a theory and global warming is nonsense that is only
talked about by scientists in order to increase funding.

American companies (e.g. Dow) manufacture pesticides illegal in the US but
legal elsewhere. Some of these are produced domestically. Meanwhile in the
US these same companies invest money into convincing people that they are
concerned about the environment and tout their EPA "Green Chemistry" awards.

This façade of environmental concern is perhaps best encapsulated in a quote
from Dow's website discussing the Bhopal tragedy they inherited from united
carbide:

"At DowEthics, we know how important it is to keep up the appearance of
listening to our critics."
http://www.dowethics.com/r/about/corp/email.htm

I'm guessing they were a little confused about some connotation-denotation
issues on that one.

Ned Dochtermann