There is an immediate short-term opening for a field technician position
with The Nature Conservancy in Astoria, Oregon. The Science Technician I -
Streams will participate in research efforts that further The Nature
Conservancy’s terrestrial and aquatic restoration goals on the Conservancy’s
Ellsworth Creek Preserve, located in southwestern Washington. The Science
Technician I – Streams will partake in a rigorous survey of streams that is
intended to provide an assessment of stream habitat throughout the
watershed. Work involves sampling of permanent reaches in headwater streams
in order to characterize stream habitat and water quality. The nature of the
work requires extended periods working in very rugged terrain (work week is
typically four 10 hour days), often in inclimate weather. The crew is based
in Asotria, Oregon. This position is expected to start late August, and
continue through September 29, 2006.
More information on the position can be found at TNC's website: www.tnc.org
(please allow a few days for posting).

Salary: $12/hour. Lodging will not be provided.

TO APPLY:  SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE!!!!

Send resume, cover letter (include dates of availability), and a list of
three references by August 18, 2006 to address below:

Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
State “Science Technician I - Streams” in subject heading.

OR

Regular mail:
The Nature Conservancy
Liane Beggs