I am looking for advice regarding principal components analysis.  My situation
is as follows: I have a
data set of morphological measurements for 6 "taxa" (4 populations of one
species and 2
populations of another).  I read somewhere that in order to do a PCA
appropriately, one needs to
have more "taxa" (i.e., rows) than measurement variables (i.e., columns).  If I
use mean values for
each "taxon" then I viiolate this assumption.  To circumvent this, is it valid
to do a PCA on all data
and use mean PC scores?  I will be using this information in phylogenetically
independent contrasts
analysis looking at ecomorphological relationships.  Any thoughts/opinions are
most appreciated.

Best,

Matthew E. Gifford
Ph.D. Candidate