What is the purpose of the deer browsing study?  Is it safe to assume
the purpose of fencing off the area is to see what kind of regeneration
would occur without pressure from deer?  How does acorn planting tie in
to this study and what would its ultimate purpose be?  What is the
current vegetation like?  Invasive or native?  In my experience, if an
area is fenced off, it is necessary to control invasives to see any kind
of native species regeneration. =20

=20

Joanne Malfatti

Restoration Technician

The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education

8480 Hagy's Mill Road

Philadelphia, PA 19128

(215)482-7300 ext. 144

(215)482-8158 Fax

"We're more than just a walk in the woods!" =20

=20