FACULTY POSITION IN
ECOLOGICAL GENETICS

As part of a long-term effort to build on strengths in evolutionary biology,
the Department of
Genetics at the University of Georgia has committed to hiring five new faculty
in evolutionary
biology over a three year period. Last year, we added two faculty in the areas
of molecular
evolution and theory. This year, we invite applications for a tenure-track
position in evolutionary
biology at the Assistant Professor level. We are seeking a scientist using an
experimental approach
to study fundamental questions at the interface of genetics and ecology. Future
faculty lines will
be in the areas of evolutionary genomics, and evolution & development. For
information about the
department, see http://www.genetics.uga.edu.

Applications should be sent by email as a single PDF file that includes a cover
letter, CV, and brief
statements of research and teaching interests to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Three
letters of
recommendation should also be sent, either as a PDF to the above e-mail
address, or in hard
copy, to the Ecological Genetics Search Committee, Department of Genetics,
Davison Life Sciences
Building, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-7223. Review of applications
will begin on
November 20, 2006.

The University of Georgia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer
and is committed to
having a diverse faculty.