The Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation at the University of
Florida is seeking an instructor to teach two courses during spring
semester, 2007. =20

=20

The two courses are:

=20

WIS 4203 C  Introduction to Landscape Ecology (3 credit hrs).  This is
an undergraduate course and part of a three course block; undergraduates
majors in wildlife must take at least two of these three classes.  The
class emphasizes application of GIS applications of managing natural
resources at the landscape scale.

=20

WIS 6426 Landscape Ecology and Management for Biodiversity Conservation
(4 credit hours). This graduate-level course is central to the
educational background and research of most of our graduate students.
Students taking this class become adept at quantitative modeling
applications of ecological data within a landscape spatial scale and at
short and long-term temporal scales. =20

=20

We have funding to pay the instructor $7,000 per course for each of the
courses.  Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, names
and contact information for three references, and a CV.  The letter of
interest should include a brief statement of teaching philosophy,
disciplinary expertise, interest and experience with teaching, and any
thoughts about approaches to teaching the class.

=20

Application materials should be sent electronically to me at the Email
address provided below.  Applications will be considered until a
suitable, highly qualified applicant is found.

=20

Thanks for your help in identifying a suitable instructor.

=20

John P. Hayes

Department Chair

Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation

110 Newins-Ziegler Hall

PO Box 110430

University of Florida

Gainesville, FL  32611-0430

Office: (352) 846-0552

Fax: (352) 392-6984

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <blocked::mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>=20