Craig - checking for clumped vs. random spatial patterns can be as easy as
comparing observed distributions of the number of individuals among
locations against a poisson pdf.  However, a 10 x 10m grid is, in my
opinion, a bit small to be trying to make any decisions about spatial
patterns... perhaps you could provide more details on your design.

Stephen