Does anybody know of a "Mollusca List", where I could send my query
to? ("Conch-L "seems to be out of function).....

Werner

======================================

Dear colleagues,

Being a primarily small-mammal ecologist, ethologist, involved in
conservational issues, but ignorant of toxicology, I would like to
ask the Ecolog-L list for help on the following issue:

As I have learned, several molluscicides (in form of "slug pellets")
are on the market and /or in developement. Methaldehyde or Methiocarb
seem to be common compounds. This "slug-poison" (as from the few
literature references I have gathered), is also toxic to small
mammals (rodents such as Apodemus sp., shrews, hedgehoges and
possibly moles). The slug-pellets will either be ingested by the
mammal predator directly or just by consuming the slug where the
poison adheres to the mucuos. Secondary poisoning?

I would be most grateful for any references, experiences, links,
contacts, or literature /references ...

Don't want to bother the list with slugs, so please, if your mail is
not for discussion, send files directly and off-list to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Werner

Dr. Werner Haberl