Hi. At the beginning this month I posted a request for suggestions of
reference books that show photographs of a range of plant components in thin
section.

Here are the best four that I was able to view. All are excellent. Esau
(1977) was the book suggested most. The BSA website is awesome.

Thanks to all that replied with suggestions.

Mark

        Bracegirdle, B., and P.H. Miles. 1971. An Atlas of plant structure.
Heinemann Educational Books, Oxford, UK.

        Esau, K. 1977. Anatomy of seed plants. John Wiley, New York, NY.

        Gifford, E.M., and A.S. Foster. 1989. Morphology and evolution of
vascular plants. Freeman, New York, NY.

        Botanical Society of America. 2007. Botanical Society of America's
online image collection: BSA slide collection.
http://www.botany.org/plantimages/imagemap.php; accessed February, 2007.

Mark H. Stolt
Associate Professor of Pedology and Soil-Environmental Science
Department of Natural Resources Science
112 Kingston Coastal Institute
1 Greenhouse Road
University of Rhode Island