Is anyone familiar with the book "The Consumer's Guide to Effective
Environmental Choices: Practical Advice from the Union of Concerned
Scientists"? (circa 1999)? It analyzes the environmental impacts (air and
water pollution, global warming impact and habitat/land consumption/use) for
various consumer choices and says which ones are having the biggest impacts,
and which are not so much making a hill of beans of difference (paper
napkins, disposable diapers).

They used a computational model to analyze it all, but I wonder if there is
any more recent study that may have come out or of anyone reviewed their
methods etc and found them faulty? I talked with Brower and he has not done
a more recent model and is working in a different field now and so was
unfamiliar with current work.

Deadline next week.
Wendee
    Wendee Holtcamp, M.S. Wildlife Ecology