Hi Everyone,
I am searching for a way to collect phenological data for 10 plant
populations using time-lapse photography.  I am thinking about
ordering an intervalometer and battery converter from Habortronics.
Unfortunately, cameras that are compatible with this type of
intervalometer (one that attaches to the camera via a serial cable),
are either older, harder to find, and slightly expensive digital
cameras, or modern SLR cameras.  Because these cameras are going to be
left in site for a week or two at a time on both public
and private land, I am worried about possible theft or damage to the
cameras.  I was wondering if anyone knew of another reliable
intervalometer, perhaps one that triggers the camera using an infrared
light, or another photographic set-up that could be used to monitor
plant phenology.

Thanks for your help,
Sara Souther