Hi Jennie,
I am currently working on the American Pronghorn, in northern Arizona, but I
am familiar with the literature on both. There are currently GPS collars on
the Sonoran pronghorn in southern Arizona. In fact, there was recently a
special issue in Journal of Wildlife Management on the status of this
sub-species (I can email you off list tomorrow with the citation). I'm not
sure what the "rules" are about putting collars on endagered species, you
might be able to find this information on the US Fish & Wildlife Service
website.
As far as a research question, there is still a ton of stuff we don't know
about this sub-species. I'm not sure that they even cross the boarder into
Mexico currently. I would guess that is part of the reason why the population
is having trouble recovering (there is no new gene flow or immigrants). I
would suggest reading the literature, there is a lot for this sub-species, and
then come back to the question.
Hope this helps,
Sarah