I am seeking a post-doctoral researcher to work with me at Brown
University.  Please see the advertisement below.

* Species Invasions and Global Change:*   We seek a post-doctoral research
associate, for one year with additional years possible, pending funding, in
the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, *Brown University*; for
participation in a collaborative project with Qinfeng Guo (US Forest
Service) and Dov Sax (Brown University).  This project will investigate the
role of climate, land use and other environmental characteristics on plant
invasions in the US, with a focus on forecasting future distributions of
non-native plants.  Analyses will include consideration of climatic
conditions in the native range of non-native species.  Long-term project
goals include consideration of global change as a driver for future species
invasions.  The project has key defined goals, but there is substantial room
for independent and collaborative exploration of related topics.  Candidates
should have a Ph.D. in Ecology, Geography or climate-related studies; strong
analytical and GIS skills are a plus.  Salary will be approximately $37,000
(subject to experience-level) with full benefits.  Please send a CV, a brief
statement of research interests, and the names and contact information for
three references to Dov Sax, <dov.sax at gmail.com>.  Review of applicants
will begin on September 3 and will continue until the post is filled.  We
would like the postdoc to begin the position on or before October 1, 2007.

--
Dov F. Sax
Assistant Professor