I am currently looking for 2 graduate students in population/community
ecology to start in Sept. 2008.  While I am primarily looking for PhD
students, exceptional MSc applicants will also be considered.

I am looking for bright, self-motivated, independent students with strong
quantitative skills.  I will consider applicants who wish to pursue
fundamental research on any aspect of population/community/evolutionary
ecology.  Current work in my lab includes theoretical modeling and
laboratory microcosm experiments on food web dynamics, experimental
microbial evolution, and field experiments on local adaptation in alpine
plants.  For more on my lab visit my homepage:
<http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~jefox/Home.htm>.

Guaranteed funding of over $20,000 CAD/year for 4 years is available through
a combination of teaching and research assistantships.  Applicants also are
encouraged to apply for available scholarships and fellowships.

The University of Calgary Dept. of Biological Sciences has a strong and
growing group of ecologists and evolutionary biologists; see
<http://www.bio.ucalgary.ca/>.  Calgary is a city of one million people
located a short drive from the beautiful Canadian Rockies and offering
excellent opportunities for both field research and recreation.

If interested in the position please contact me by email and attach a copy
of your cv.

Jeremy Fox
Asst. Professor and Alberta Ingenuity New Faculty
Dept. of Biological Sciences
University of Calgary