-----Original Message-----
From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anita Stone
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:40 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Global warming "case studies"

Dear Ecologgers,

  The posts on climate change/global warming have been very informative,
particularly since I am just covering that in one of my courses.  As I get
to the portion that covers the consequences of global warming (we've been
over causes already), I was wondering if anyone could provide me with
information/web sites on specific case studies of the effects of global
warming.
  E.g. an area where climate change has clearly disrupted the life of
individuals/caused failed crops/caused an imbalance in the food
chain/extinctions/ etc.  That way I can point to specific examples and make
it more "real" to the students-- I know I have some skeptics in my audience.
I know the polar bears losing their habitat is a start, but I need more than
that...
  Thanks so much!
  Anita

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity"
  (Hanlon's razor)