Hello Ecologers,
=20
Do your students actively explore data or use figures to investigate
ecological issues? Are your students asking questions, making
observations, and designing experiments in the lab or field? Have you
developed activities and experiments for your students to use?  Have you
investigated the use of quantitative or qualitative data, surveys,
historical analyses, or case studies in the classroom? If so, consider
sharing the products of your work with other ecology educators by
contributing to TIEE.
=20
I am pleased to announce that Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology
(TIEE; http://tiee.ecoed.net <http://tiee.ecoed.net/> ) is seeking
submissions of issue-based activities, inquiry-based experiments, and
ecology education research for its sixth volume.  The deadline for
submissions is January 4th, 2008. Volume 6 will be published during the
summer of 2008. Visit http://tiee.ecoed.net <http://tiee.ecoed.net/>  to
see previously published TIEE resources and submission guidelines.
=20
If you have not developed your own activities or experiments (or are not
submitting for this volume) but have used active pedagogy in your
ecology courses, I invite you to become a reviewer.  Visit
http://tiee.ecoed.net/misc/reviewer_guidelines.html
<http://tiee.ecoed.net/misc/reviewer_guidelines.html>  for reviewer
guidelines and criteria.
=20

VOLUME 6 REVIEW SCHEDULE
=20
Jan. 4: Author submission deadline
Jan. 30: First review deadline
Mar. 3: Author revision deadline
Mar. 26: Second review deadline
June: Volume 6 published online
=20

VOLUME 6 EDITORS
=20
Lead Editors:
Charlene D'Avanzo ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> )
Bruce Grant ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> )
=20
Associate Editors:
Issues-- Christopher Beck ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> )
Experiments-- Kathy Winnett-Murray ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> )
=20
Managing Editor:
Jennifer Riem ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
)
=20
If you have any questions, and especially if you are interested in
reviewing or submitting in January, please contact me
([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or
301-588-3873 x314). I look forward to talking with you about ways you
can participate in TIEE.
=20

Sincerely,
Jennifer Riem