Graduate Assistantships in Forest Ecology are available for study at the
M.S./Ph.D. level in the Department of Environmental and Plant Biology
(<http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/>http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/) at Ohio
University (<http://www.ohio.edu/>http://www.ohio.edu/), Athens, OH. The
department has 13 full-time faculty, five of whom are affiliated with the
Forest Ecology focus group.

General areas of study include: ecophysiology, population biology,
community ecology, ecosystem ecology, and landscape ecology. Specific
research emphases include: restoration ecology, conservation biology,
invasive species biology, and environmental stress. Our ecology group
emphasizes research in the eastern deciduous forest
(<http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/epb/faculty/research/for_ecolindex.htm>http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/epb/faculty/research/for_ecolindex.htm).

Detailed information about our graduate programs can be found at
<http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/epb/grad/graduate.htm>http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/epb/grad/graduate.htm.

Online application and admissions information can be found at:
<http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply.cfm>http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply.cfm.

Questions concerning graduate study should be directed towards individual
faculty. All application materials (including GREs, transcripts, and
letters of recommendation) should be received by 15-January-2008 for
September (or earlier) admission.

Brian C. McCarthy, Ph.D.
Professor of Forest Ecology
Dept. of Environmental and Plant Biology
317 Porter Hall
Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701-2979  USA

eml  [EMAIL PROTECTED]