Nadine, Gregg, et al.  - if you're interested in the population growth part
of the economic/environment equation, take a look at the ongoing roundtable
debate among me, the ex-head of the UN Population Division, and three other
scientists on the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists on-line journal:

http://www.thebulletin.org/roundtable/population-climate-change/

Best - Fred Meyerson

--
Frederick A. B. Meyerson, Ph.D., J.D.