Here are a few that fit this description:

Belovsky et al. (2004). Ten suggestions to strengthen the science of ecology. Bioscience (54): 345-351

Thompson et al. (2001). Frontiers of ecology. Bioscience (51): 15-24.

May, R.M. (1999). Unanswered questions in ecology. Phil Trans R Soc Lond 354: 1951-1959

-
Kevin S