Paid internship sponsored by the Chicago Botanic Garden, the Bureau of
Land Management and the National Park Service.

The qualified candidate would be responsible for field inventory and
preparation of restoration plans for the Sandy watershed.   Use of GIS
to identify areas in need of restoration and create maps for planning
purposes.   One site in particular, Portland General Electric dam
(Marmot Dam), was recently removed and the site needs to be restored.
PGE is doing the work based on our inputs and will be planting natives.
The successful candidate will coordinate this project beginning this
fall/winter when planting occurs and perhaps establish some native seed
sources on that site for the rest of the watershed.

Assist in coordinating efforts for outreach and education between
multiple groups in native plant plans following extensive weed removal
efforts.  Depending upon interest, the intern may become directly
involved in grant writing, which is an extremely valuable learning
experience.

Position will remain open until filled.

For further program information or to apply, please visit our website:
http://www.chicagobotanic.org/research/training/clm_internship/apply