Dear Colleagues:
In addition to our general Call for Proposals (deadlines in July and January each year), this year the National Center for Ecological Analysis & Synthesis is targeting a Special Call for Proposals toward experimental design, with a proposal deadline of 30 September 2008. The program is called "Experimental design for detection of species response to management actions across scales" and we expect to fund one Working Group on this topic over several years.

The project description and proposal guidelines are found here:
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/crmp#expt
The Special Call for Proposals PDF is also directly accessible here:
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/files/research/crmp/NCEAS_LargeScaleExperimentRFP_2008.pdf

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to indicate your intent to develop a proposal.

--
Stephanie E. Hampton
Deputy Director