Try the Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN), both versions 1 and 2.

http://cdiac.ornl.gov/epubs/ndp/ndp041/ndp041.html

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/ghcn-monthly/index.php

I have a Windows utility that allows users to search and retrieve data for specific areas from the original GHCN files (http://fuzzo.com/ghcn/index.htm). Either that program, or something like it, will be needed as the GHCN download files contain all data (global data) available for a specific phenomena, such as precipitation.

I see you have a .fr (France) Web address. For some reason, some users in Europe cannot get the program to either install or run, but none of them have sent me sufficient information for me to diagnose, much less fix the problem. I don't know what the specific error(s) is/are, and cannot reproduce any error on my home computers -- either on XP or Vista. (It runs fine on all my computers.)

I would love assistance in figuring out the problem, as it is frustrating to have such a useful utility for such a useful dataset remain unusable for a large part of the world.

Later,

Dave

Simon Chamaille-Jammes wrote:
Dear all Ecolog-ers,
I'm trying to find a dataset which would provide minimum and maximum DAILY
temperatures (precipitation would be nice bonus) at the global scale (the
spatial resolution doesn't matter much). I don't really care if the data
come from spatial interpolation of real station data or from a general
circulation model. Dataset with global change predictions (and
uncertainties) would be a plus.
I've been going through many data repository but haven't been able to find
one providing daily data at global scale, although I'm pretty sure there
must be several ones outhere.
Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Have a nice week,
simon

 David M. Lawrence        | Home:  (804) 559-9786
 7471 Brook Way Court     | Fax:   (804) 559-9787
 Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 USA                      | http:  http://fuzzo.com

"We have met the enemy and he is us."  -- Pogo

"No trespassing
 4/17 of a haiku"  --  Richard Brautigan