Hi All,

A quick question, does anyone know of a good field GPS which permits you to easily enter field data associated with a GPS point? For example, we're interested in spatial arrangement of trees at the pasture level and thus will be conducting a census of trees including their GPS coordinates, DBH, crown measurements and a couple of other measures. I was wondering if there was a machine with good positional accuracy (<4 m) and that capability.

Any suggestions are helpful.

Cheers,
Fabrice

Fabrice De Clerck PhD

Landscape Ecologist/Ecologo de Paisaje
   Dept. Agricultura y Agroforesteria
   CATIE 7170, Turrialba, Costa Rica
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Phone: (506) 2558-2596
 Fax: (506) 2558-2046
 Web: www.catie.ac.cr

Adjunct Associate
   Tropical Agriculture Program
   The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: fadeclerck
Web:www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu/mvp/
"Everything not given is lost"