Not only might people be afraid (if only subconsciously) of the conclusion
they might reach if they read about or studied the issue much, there are so
many symptoms of the fundamental problem--such as climate change and habitat
loss--that it is easy and convenient to be distracted and focus on 'solving'
secondary problems that won't change the overall conservation equation.

Mike

Michael A. Larson, PhD
Wildlife Research Scientist
Grand Rapids, MN