University of Maryland BEES Graduate Program

The interdisciplinary graduate program in Behavior, Ecology, Evolution and Systematics (BEES) at University of Maryland is looking for exceptional students to enter the Ph.D. program for the academic year 2009-2010. The BEES program consists of over 50 faculty members. At University of Maryland the participating departments include: Animal and Avian Sciences, Anthropology, Biology, Environmental Science and Technology, Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, Computer Sciences, Entomology, Geology, and Plant Science and Landscape Architecture. We also have adjunct faculty from a number of affiliated institutions from the surrounding DC metropolitan area including the Smithsonian Institute, National Cancer Institute, UM Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology (UMBI), and USDA.

We offer Darwin Fellowships to outstanding candidates and also have a jointly funded graduate fellowship program with the Smithsonian Institution for students planning on being co-advised by a SI adjunct faculty member along with a BEES UM faculty member. Research Areas of Smithsonian adjunct faculty members interested in co-advising students include Paleobiology, Genetics, and Molecular Systematics.

As a long-term member of the Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) we encourage and fund participation by our BEES graduate students in these field courses.

Please see our BEES program web site for more information: http://bees.umd.edu

Faculty accepting graduate students for the 2009-2010 academic year are listed here: http://bees.umd.edu/fac_accepting.html

Please feel free to contact us is you have any questions at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]