The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at UCLA welcomes applications for graduate study. Our PhD support packages provide guaranteed support packages of $26,000 per year along with research seed money.

Visit our website http://www.eeb.ucla.edu and learn about our department's interdisciplinary strengths animal behavior, conservation biology, ecology, evolutionary biology, marine biology, paleobiology, plant biology, physiological ecology, theoretical biology and tropical biology.

The hiring of John Novembre, Jamie Lloyd-Smith, and Steve Hubbell strengthens UCLA's theoretical biology group, the arrival of Patty Gowaty strengthens our interdisciplinary animal behavior group, and the addition of Novembre, Michael Alfaro, and Paul Barber to existing faculty make UCLA one of the best places to study phylogeography and quantitative evolution. We are committed to the recruitment and education of underrepresented minorities.

Prospective students are encouraged to contact potential faculty advisors prior to applying. Our application deadline is 1 December; applications can be submitted on-line.

--
Daniel T. Blumstein
Associate Professor and Vice Chair of Graduate Studies