Graduate Student Research Associate
We seek a highly motivated student with excellent academic credentials and
previous research experience to lead a cross-site nutrient and herbivore
manipulation study in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming.  These sites are
two of over 50 sites that comprise the Nutrient Network, a global study of the
controls on productivity and diversity in grasslands.  The study can be
expanded to include interactions between nutrients, herbivores and other
factors, such as global changes.  The successful candidate will play an
important role in determining the nature of the full study.  The successful
candidate will enroll in the Graduate Degree Program in Ecology at Colorado
State University in Fort Collins, Colorado.  We prefer a student who has a
masters degree and wishes to pursue a doctorate.  However, qualified candidates
without masters degrees will be considered.  The project advisers are Julia
Klein, Cynthia Brown and Dana Blumenthal.  For more information and to apply,
contact Julia Klein after December 30, 2008 by email at
julia.kl...@colostate.edu.  Review of applications will begin immediately.

Cynthia S. Brown
Assistant Professor
Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
1177 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-1177
Phone:  (970)491-1949