Now that 2008 has ended, it's time for our annual Hilton Pond bird banding summary--complete with a tally of all species and individuals banded, photos of some of them, and an analysis of what was different about our just-finished "below average" year. For the first time we also include info about our 2008 "Yard List," which includes birds observed but not banded at the Center.

To view our "This Week at Hilton Pond" photo essay for 22-31 December 2008, please visit http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek081222.html .

There's also a photo of our first tick-infested bird of the winter and a comment about the scarcity of White-throated Sparrows.

Happy (New Year) Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org