Please respond to Pablo or John Ralh.

INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR BIRD MONITORING IN COSTA RICA -- We have openings for Volunteer Bird Banding Interns at a bird monitoring station in the coastal Caribbean town of Tortuguero, Costa Rica. Positions are available throughout the year with the minimum length of stay around 2 months. Participants are expected to have experience in identifying birds, and they usually have removed from mist nets and processed at least 200 landbirds. The Primary Bander will have extensive experience operating a capture station and can be awarded up to half their airfare to and from San José, Costa Rica. Latin American Volunteers are especially encouraged and may be eligible for other reimbursements. All volunteers receive their room and board while they are staying at the well-appointed station of the Caribbean Conservation Corporation, Estacion Biologica, in Tortuguero (http://cccturtle.org/ccc-costarica.htm ). We and our collaborators in Costa Rica have been operating five monitoring stations near the village for over a decade. We operate mist nets for resident and migrant species and conduct migration censuses of the millions of diurnal migrants moving along the coast. For more information see http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/topics/wildlife/birdmon/landbird/tortuguero/ Positions will be open until filled. Please send (emailed text documents preferred) a resume and a cover letter that includes your bird banding experience, ability with Spanish/English, dates available, three references and any questions to Pablo A. Herrera, paherr...@fs.fed.us , AND Dr. C. John Ralph, c...@humboldt.edu, 707 825-2994 (fax 707 825-2901), U.S. Forest Service, Redwood Sciences Laboratory, 1700 Bayview Drive, Arcata, California 95521.
Fabrice De Clerck PhD

Landscape Ecologist/Ecologo de Paisaje
   Dept. Agricultura y Agroforesteria
   CATIE 7170, Turrialba, Costa Rica
 Email: fdecle...@catie.ac.cr
 Phone: (506) 2558-2596
 Fax: (506) 2558-2046
 Web: www.catie.ac.cr

Adjunct Associate
   Tropical Agriculture Program
   The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Email: fd2...@columbia.edu
Skype: fadeclerck
Web:www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu/mvp/
"Everything not given is lost"