Unfortunately, this happens everywhere.  I agree one of the biggest problems is
probably our society's perception of what looks "scrubby."  I drive by streams
constantly that have been "cleaned out" or "improved."  There is usually green,
lush grass right up to the edge of the stream bank, which is eroded and
slumping into the water.

Some states provide legal protection for riparian corridors.  So, you may look
into what permits are required in your state for such activities.  Other than
that, we can only re-shape our ideas about what "looks nice".

T. Travis Brown
193 Forest Drive
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
travisbrow...@excite.com
(502) 322-4034

http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2009-02-19/article/32287?headline=Green-Neighbors-The-Richmond-Chainsaw-Massacre-Part-One

--
Department of Biology
PO Box 1848

Brewer web page - http://home.olemiss.edu/~jbrewer/

FAX - 662-915-5144
Phone - 662-915-1077

Online Loan
Click for online loan, fast & no lender fee, approval today
http://tagline.excite.com/fc/FgElN1gy1WvILc6iw879Kg1AT8HtJzIsf6mA2BsuZnG7cGSXkwR8ZSC9hRm/