Hello,

I am looking for a quantitative ecologist or statistician to help perform
analyses on some very large databases of output from a predictive habitat
edge model.  A background in spatial ecology or fragmentation research is
ideal, but not required.   I have funds for approximately two to three
full-time months, but that money could be stretched over a longer period
through a part-time position (at least 10 hrs/wk).

The project is fairly self-contained because the data are already generated
and collected in a series of databases.   We have some specific hypotheses
we’d like to test with the output, but other explorations are possible.
Proficiency manipulating large data sets and working in the R environment is
a must.

My situation is that I have extra money, a project deadline that must be met
– and too much work to finish by myself.  I hope that I can find someone who
would be benefited by picking up some extra cash or needs to fill a
short-term gap in their funding.  The successful applicant will need to
travel to Maryland only once or twice, but can carry out the bulk of the
work from any location.

If interested, please send an email and CV to lr...@umd.edu describing your
background and current work situation.

Leslie Ries