I just get such a kick out of seeing Jane Lubchenco's name there. I was so
inspired by her research when I was in Biology 101 in college, thought it
was so cool. How exciting that we actually have a government tapping 'real
scientists' and not industry cronies!! It's a new day! Now let's just hope
we can turn this behemoth ship around quick cuz behemoths don't always turn
quickly.

However I am curious about this hold. Will that prevent their being
inducted? And I should probably know this but since I don't others probably
don't either... will one or the other be inducted or does the White House
have multiple science advisors?

Wendee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Wendee Holtcamp, M.S. Wildlife Ecology
    Freelance Writer * Photographer * Bohemian
          http://www.wendeeholtcamp.com
     http://bohemianadventures.blogspot.com
~~6-wk Online Writing Course Starts April 11, 2009~~
'Better to light a candle than curse the darkness'

If you're interested in facilitating the confirmation of ESA member
(and Past President of the Society) Jane Lubchenco as NOAA
Administrator, and John Holdren (AAAS past president) as White House
Science Advisor, you could contact your Senators, both to express
your concern about the anonymous hold(s?) on the confirmations and to
ask whether your Senators are the ones who have placed the hold(s).

David Inouye