Postdoctoral scientist (4-yr) in Plant, Soil, Microbial Ecology in Berlin

We are searching for a scientist (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter; roughly
equivalent to 'research assistant prof' in North America) in Plant, Soil,
and Microbial Ecology to join our team at the Plant and Mycorrhizal Ecology
lab at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany.

I am looking for a person whose research complements expertise (in terms of
concepts or methods) already present in the lab
(mycorrhizas.googlepages.com). Research can be in one or more of the
following fields: evolutionary ecology, ecology of plant-microbe
interactions (including mycorrhiza and pathogens), soil ecology. The Ph.D.
degree should be in biology, ecology, or related field (including
microbiology or soil science, etc.). The applicant should be interested in
plant-soil interactions.

Excellent knowledge of English and quantitative/ statistics skills are
desired, and willingness to work as part of a team is important. The
incumbent is required to teach in the area represented by the lab (ecology);
the teaching load is 4 credits/ week during the semester.

You can read the German job ad on our webgpage
(mycorrhizas.googlepages.com). The position is for 4 years.

Please quote position number 21223700 /14 / 09 when applying.

Send applications by mail to

Prof. Dr. Matthias C. Rillig
Freie Universitaet Berlin
Plant Ecology