Greetings, Next fall I'm going to teach a 1st year course on Natural History
of Georgia for non-science students (although science majors are not
excluded).  This is a sort of "show and tell" course focusing on everything
from geology to fauna but at an introductory level.  The course is
structured around the 4 "ecotypes" of Georgia, mountains, Piedmont, coastal
plain, and coast & islands.  As texts I was planning to use the two Peterson
Guides, one to Eastern Forests and the other to the South Atlantic and Gulf
Coasts.  The publisher has just told me that both of these volumes are out
of print.  Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?  I do have the
guide to the Piedmont, which I understand is still in press. TIA, g2

--
Gary D. Grossman, PhD

Distinguished Research Professor - Animal Ecology
Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, GA, USA 30602

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~grossman

Board of Editors - Animal Biodiversity and Conservation
Editorial Board - Freshwater Biology
Editorial Board - Ecology Freshwater Fish

G. Grossman Fine Art
http://personal.negia.net/grossman