Hi Sara,

I recently completed a study using survival analysis and found that there are many statistical options each of which have different benefits. Which you choose should depend on whether your data meet the assumptions of each test and the type of results you would like to present. I won't get you bogged down in details of each test, instead I'll point you to a few articles that were extremely helpful to me b/c they explained the statistics very well, gave examples, provided SAS code, and showed SAS output and how to interpret it. Here they are:

Dixon, P. M. and M. C. Newman (1991). Analyzing toxicity data using statistical models for time-to-death: an introduction. Metal Ecotoxicology: Concepts and Applications. M. C. Newman and A. W. McIntosh. Chelsea, MI, Lewis Publishers: 207-242.

Newman, M. C., M. M. Keklak, et al. (1994). ?Quantifying animal size effects on toxicity: a general approach.? Aquatic Toxicology 28: 1-12.

Newman, M. C. and P. M. Dixon (1996). Ecologically meaningful estimates of lethal effect in individuals. Ecotoxicology: a heirarchical treatment. M. C. Newman and C. H. Jagoe. Boca Raton, FL, Lewis Publishers: 225-253.

You may also want to take a look at the UCLA statistics webpage. They have a lot of good resources (videos and worksheets) for survival analysis and other statistics.

Best of luck!

Geoff

Quoting Sara Koropchak <sarakoropc...@yahoo.com>:

Greetings,

I am working on analyzing a data set regarding survival from a sodium
tolerance test in which I ended the study before all of the plants had died.
I have been advised to use Proc LIFETEST for my analysis, but I haven't
been able to find anyone thus far who has a lot of experience writing these
programs.

Does anyone know how to write this program?

Thanks,

Sara Koropchak

--
Geoffrey W. Bell, PhD