Dear ecologists,

ESA is seeking input from the ecological community on a Conceptual Framework
For Teaching Continental-Scale Ecology. In collaboration with NEON staff,
workshop facilitators, and workshop participants, two versions of the
Conceptual Education Framework, a graphic and text outline, were drafted at a
2008 faculty development workshop.

We would appreciate your feedback on the two drafts to help us understand how
to further develop them from here. How might the framework be a useful
reference for you if you were teaching continental-scale ecology? Are there
changes we should make to improve them?

To review the drafts, please visit the website and submit your comments through
the Feedback form:

http://www.esa.org/education_diversity/neon/workshop/framework

We are also seeking recommendations of teaching resources that the community
identifies as useful for teaching continental-scale ecology. A second form for
recommendations is also linked from the same webpage. We invite you to submit
information about any resources you would recommend to your colleagues.

Please submit your feedback and any teaching resource recommendation by October
5. You do not need to register or login to the site to submit the forms.

Once the deadline has passed we will make a summary of the feedback and the
resource list available on the same website and announce the posting through
ESA email lists.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you for your input,

Jennifer Riem

Jennifer Riem
Education Coordinator