Ph.D. Student Openings in Tropical Ecology

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (http://www.uwm.edu/) is building a
strong ecology program and offers many opportunities for motivated Ph.D.
students.  Right now we have opportunities to join our Tropical Community
Ecology Lab in the Department of Biological Sciences.  We currently have
several ongoing research projects in the Republic of Panama focusing on
understanding the mechanistic basis of plant distribution, plant competition
(particularly between lianas and trees), and forest regeneration.
Competitive candidates will have a BS or MS degree, a solid foundation in
ecology (ecological field experience is a plus), superior writing ability,
and should be interested in working in tropical forests in Panama.  Our lab
currently consists of 2 post-docs, several full-time field technicians, and
4 graduate students.  Two students will graduate in 2010 and we plan to fill
those positions.  Students should plan to apply in Fall 2009 to begin in
Fall 2010.

Please contact Dr. Stefan Schnitzer (schnit...@uwm.edu;
http://www.uwm.edu/People/schnitze/home.html) for more information and prior
to applying for admittance into the program.