I have funding to support graduate research assistantships for at least
one and potentially two students at the MS or PhD level in the Department
of Entomology at Purdue University.  My lab studies the ecology of insects
in agricultural systems with a focus on tri-trophic interactions linking
plants, herbivores, and natural enemies.  Recent topics addressed include
plant responses to herbivory, the ecology of “fear” in food webs, and
aboveground-belowground interactions linking foliar and root herbivores.
However, pursuing alternative topics and research directions that fall
within the realm of insect population and community ecology is welcomed
and encouraged.  Ideal students should be highly enthusiastic and
interested in working at the interface of ecology, entomology, and
agriculture.

Position comes with an annual stipend of $17,500, full tuition waiver, and
benefits package including health insurance.  Preferred start date is
Summer or Fall 2010, although this may be flexible depending on the
circumstances.

For additional information visit the following websites:
Kaplan Lab: http://extension.entm.purdue.edu/ecolab
Purdue Entomology: http://www.entm.purdue.edu

Interested individuals should contact me directly via email
(ikap...@purdue.edu) to discuss their background, qualifications, and
research interests.

--
Ian Kaplan